Things to Do in Paragould - Winter 2022
This winter you might not want to go outside much, but we’ve rounded up ten things to do indoors where it’s nice and warm!
1. Attend a concert.
The Ultimate Oldies concert will be held February 4th and 5th at 7PM at the Collins Theatre. They will be performing an entertaining show complete with new songs! Tickets are on sale now by calling 870-215-2253. Reserved seating is $25 and general admission is $20. If you had reserved seats for the December/January dates, let Joe Wessell know. You can call or text him at 870-215-2253 with your name, the number of tickets you reserved, and the night you planned to come.
The Collins Theatre is located at 120 West Emerson.
2. Swim at an indoor pool.
The Paragould Community Center is home to an indoor aquatic center that is opened year-round for members. The aquatic center features an indoor pool and therapy pool. Memberships can be purchased at the front desk of the Community Center and run a calendar year from January to December. Guests can also be brought for a fee. Check here or call 870-239-7530 for the 2022 membership pricing.
If swimming isn’t your thing, there are other areas within the Community Center that you can use for exercise including basketball courts, racquetball courts, and an indoor walking track.
The Paragould Community Center is located at 3404 Linwood Drive.
3. Enjoy Bluegrass music.
If you like Bluegrass music, you’re in for a real treat with KASU’s Bluegrass Mondays at the Collins!
- January 24, 2022 – 7PM – Cedar Hill
- February 28, 2022- 7PM- The Kevin Prater Band
The admission fee is $10 per person and can be paid in cash at the door the nights of the concerts. Everyone 18 years and under is admitted free.
4. Spell some words at the Greene County Spelling Bee.
The annual Greene County Spelling Bee will be held January 31, 2022 at 7PM at the Collins. Come out and support local students as they compete to win the Bee. This event is sponsored by the Greene County Retired Teacher Association and First National Bank. Admission is free.
5. Give blood.
According to the American Red Cross, blood donors are needed due to a dangerously low blood supply – the lowest in a decade! There are several blood drives over the next couple of months to help increase this low supply. Choose one and give the gift of life!
- January 25, 2022 – 12:30-4:30PM – Browns Chapel Baptist Church
- January 27, 2022 – 12:30-5:30PM – Hillcrest Church of Christ
- February 3, 2022 – 10:00AM-4:00PM – Paragould Light Water Cable
- February 7, 2022 – 1:30-5:30PM – First United Methodist Church
- February 10, 2022 – 12:00-5:00PM – AMMC Auditorium
Browns Chapel Baptist Church is located at 3800 South Rockingchair Road.
Hillcrest Church of Christ is located at 7208 West Kingshighway.
Paragould Light Water Cable is located at 1901 Jones Road.
First United Methodist Church is located at 404 West Main Street.
Arkansas Methodist Medical Center is located at 900 West Kingshighway.
6. Support local students in team sports.
Whether you like high school or college basketball, there are plenty of opportunities to cheer on your favorite teams this winter.
Crowley’s Ridge Academy Basketball Schedule
- January 11 – 5PM- vs. Hillcrest- Jr Girls, Jr Boys, Sr Boys
- January 18 – 5PM – vs. Armorel – Jr Girls, Jr Boys, Sr Boys
- February 8 – 6PM – vs. BIC – Sr Boys
- February 11 – 5PM – vs. Riverside – Sr Boys
Greene County Tech Basketball Schedule
- January 11 – 5PM – vs. Batesville – JVG, JVB, VG, VB
- January 18 – 5PM – vs. Searcy – JVG, JVB, VG, VB
- January 21 – 5PM – vs. Marion – JVG, JVB, VG, VB
- January 28 – 6PM – vs. Paragould – VG, VB
- February 4 – 5PM – vs. Nettleton – JVG, VG, VB
- February 11 – 5PM – vs. Jonesboro – JVG, JVB, VG, VB
- February 22 – 6PM – vs. West Memphis – VG, VB
Paragould Basketball Schedule
- January 7- 6PM – vs. Searcy – SG
- January 11 – 6PM – vs. Jonesboro – SG, JV, V
- January 18 – 6Pm – vs. Nettleton – SG, JV, V
- January 21 – 6PM – vs. West Memphis – SG, JV, V
- February 4 – 7:30PM – vs. Searcy – JV, V
- February 11 -6PM – vs. Batesville – SG, JV, V
- February 22 – 6PM – vs. Marion – SG, JV, V
- February 24 – 7:30PM – vs. GCT – V
- February 25 – 6PM – vs. GCT – SG
Crowley’s Ridge College
- January 8 vs. Iowa Wesleyan – Women - 1PM, Men - 5PM
- January 15 vs. Haskell – Women - 1PM, Men - 3PM
- January 29 vs. Florida National – Men - 3PM
- February 4 vs. Arkansas Baptist – Women - 1PM, Men - 3PM
- February 5 vs. Cottey – Women - 3PM
- February 5 vs. Florida College – Men - 7PM
- February 12 vs. Bacone – Men - 1PM, Women - 3PM
Crowley’s Ridge Academy is located at 606 Academy Drive.
Greene County Tech High School is located at 4601 Linwood Drive.
Paragould High School is located at 1701 West Court Street.
Crowley’s Ridge College is located at 100 College Drive.
7. Grab a paintbrush or some yarn and get crafting.
Don’t let the post-holiday blues get you down! Try something new at one of two crafty locations and you might just find a new hobby.
Jerri Ann’s Painting and Crafts has plenty of opportunities for you to join a painting class. You can paint a door hanger, a canvas, or a ceramic item. Check their schedule here for more information.
If painting is not your thing, why not try yarn? At Unraveled Yarn Boutique, you can attend a knitting, crocheting, or Tunisian crocheting class. To learn more, visit their Facebook page.
Jerri Ann’s is located at 2407 Linwood Drive.
Unraveled Yarn Boutique is located at 1715 Paragould Plaza.
8. Rock the nights away.
The Paragould PRIDE Band will be holding their 12th Annual “Rockin’ the Night Away” fundraiser event at the Collins on February 25th and 26th at 7PM. To find out more about ticket pricing, click here.
9. Celebrate Valentine's Day.
Project Paragould is hosting a special Valentine’s Day event complete with food and dancing for couples at The Crossing on February 12th from 6-9PM. Tickets can be purchased at Downtown Nutrition, MJ’s Southern Chic, and the Cultured Man. The cost is $75, and there is limited seating. To learn more about this event, visit the event page.
The Crossing is located at 101 South Pruett Street.
10. Attend a showcase of Paragould businesses.
If you’re new to the area, the Paragould Regional Chamber of Commerce has the perfect event for you to see what kind of businesses are in our area! Join them on February 17th from 1-3PM at the Community Center for their 15th Annual Chamber Showcase.
Bundle up and head out to these great events to support the Paragould community.