FIRE SPRINKLER OVERHEAD INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM REQUIRED REQUIREMENTS
Overhead Hydrostatic Test
- Acceptance tests are to be scheduled no sooner than 24 hrs in advance.
- Tests to be done during inspection hours. Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-11 a.m. or 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Person conducting test must be licensed.
- Set of approved plans must be onsite.
- "As Builts" must be provided to the inspector for any deviations from the approved plans.
- Piping must be of correct type and size.
- Piping and joints must be uncovered and visible.
- Sprinkler heads must be free from obstructions and damage.
- 200+ PSI must be held for a minimum of 2 hours prior to scheduled inspection. Failure to do so will be an automatic failure.
- Pressure release must be visible on pressure gauge.